Sunday, March 08, 2009

Springtastic!!

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful weekend--for starters, Josh and I were both off work (yep, the stars aligned for this magical feat!), the weather was mostly sunny and warm, and everywhere you looked it was like Spring has arrived. Saturday morning we hit a kite-flying b-day party where Luc got his first taste of the funration (fun+frustration) of attempting to maneuver a kite. He did pretty awesome with his Transformers kite (considering it only cost me a buck I wasn't expecting much bang, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sometimes cheap is better...unless you are talking about shoes or beer. But, I digress). Optimus Prime kite featured below (you know his father picked that shit. Josh is still O-ing over the return of his favorite childhood icon)
All the colors of spring are out--blue skies, new green growth, the white tips of the Bradford pears in bloom. Below is a shot of my Carolina Jessamine (no idea what the diff is between this and actual Jasmine...besides the obvious name. Looks like Jasmine. Smells like Jasmine. Not Jasmine, though). No matter what you call it, I LOVE it--thanks mom for the great purchase--it stayed green all year and is now blooming prolifically. Also getting huge (had to wrangle it back into our yard since it was trying to hop the fence and get to know the neighbors).
Saturday after naptime we ended up hitting Cupcakes on Kavanaugh where we all went into sugar shock with overpriced baked goods. To cancel out the calories Scott suggested we take a stroll through Knoop park where I discovered some FABULOUS backdrops for photos. Also a nice view of downtown LR. Jenn and I nearly passed out on the last leg of the trip. (Not really Jenn, but it makes me feel better to have a comrade in out-of-shapness so sorry, you get lumped into the story!) That evening we headed over to Uncle Scott's for fajita night (homemade everything including lick the bowl clean gauc and pico! Oh so good!) Jackson is getting so big and is markedly less puppish now. He only nibbled on my kids a half dozen times--he and Lucas had fun wearing each other out much to all the adults pleasure! Here he is in all his cute glory. Don't ya just want to gobble him up? (In a non-threatening way).
Today was lazy family day. We did nothing of import all day--and that is the best kind of spring day you can have. If only every weekend could be this springtastic!!

2 comments:

K said...

My favorite part of this post is that Luc and Jackson are in the exact same pose for the pics! Too cute!

I have a very messy house and two exhausted kiddos - it was definitely a great spring weekend!

Jennifer Narrow said...

What a great pic of Jackson. I was very worn out by the end of the walk. Just wanted to make it seem like I wasn't!!