Monday, February 14, 2011

Moving

Despite the Snowmaggedon that we have had here in Little Rock, we are mostly moved to our new house. And overall, it has been a great move. I am SOOO happy to have more space. I now have so much space, I don't have nearly enough stuff to fill it with, which is FINE BY ME!! The house feels so much less cluttered, and will feel even better once I get the kids rooms organized and put up decorative things. It will be a bit of a slow process, though. We need new furniture in several rooms (ours is seriously outdated and kid-abused!) and it will be fun to decorate.
Things I particularly love about the new house--
the view and the neighborhood. I never knew how much I would LOVE living this far out west, but I do love it. We are just minutes from Alex's school and my morning "commute" to drop the kids off has almost been cut in half! We are also really enjoying being so close to the Wal-mart super center (although, I admit--I wish it were a Target super center since I hate giving my money to Wal-mart). I can zip in and out and be home in under five minutes which is AWESOME! We have discovered a whole bunch of restaurants close to the house that are (for now) new and different. And we have a wonderful view of Chenal Mountain from our backyard...it made me laugh because the agent said it was a beautiful view of Pinnacle Mountain. Uh, no, that mountain is NOT the one behind our house. But it's still a very nice view. It has cell phone towers on it that "twinkle" at night and Lucas loves it. I kinda dig it, too. Below--Chenal Mountain--NOT Pinnacle ;)
The kids have really settled in to the new house very well. Everyone is enjoying having their own room and I am loving that my bedroom is no longer a baby nursery! Win for everyone! The kids had a blast with all the packing boxes (as witnessed below). Alex and Chloe are too young to really be disturbed by a new place, but Lucas is old enough and he did have a few anxieties before the big move. He would sit there and ask me if each and every one of his toys was going to the new house. This got old after a while.
Lucas: Mommy, are we taking blue mat?
Me: Yes. We are taking everything.
Lucas: Are we taking my Legos?
Me: Yep. Every single toy is going.
Lucas: What about my clothes?
Me: Clothes too. There will be nothing left in this house. We are taking every bit of this to the new house.
Lucas: Even the balls? And the firetruck? And the Transformers? And my games?
Me: YES!! EVERY THING.
Lucas: Mommy, are we taking my books?
Me: Oh my gosh. Just stab me now!!!
It was sweet and cute (and a bit annoying) that he was so concerned for everything. Once we made the big move and I brought him over to "visit" his toys he was much relieved. Now I think most of the moving anxiety is over. The only residual issue we have is that this house is so much larger and Lucas wants to CONSTANTLY know where I am...so if I leave his sight for more than a minute or two, he starts yelling my name until I answer. I know this will fade with time as he becomes more comfortable in our new digs.

1 comment:

K said...

ok - big sis still yells for me when i am not in the same room and she has never even known another house. sigh. she inherited my anxiety.

glad you guys are enjoying the house! :)